Time
Went in for my first swim of 2009 yesterday after work. So what if it's already 5 days into the new year? Better late than never right? I was in better shape than I had anticipated and managed to do non-stop laps for half an hour. Worst part was probably still my fear of the deep end.... but that's slowly getting better.
As my laps came to an end, the lifeguard on duty began setting up for the aquasize class and a few of the attendees were warming up in the water. I looked around for the familiar faces that I had remembered seeing from 2008 and only recognized 2 people. It gave me quite a jolt as most of the people in the class are elderly and with their absence, I wondered if maybe they are now too old to move or worse yet, maybe they've moved on. I floated on my back as I thought about how fast time has slipped past me in the past year and how fast time would feel for an elderly person. What if the short lady that always wore ear plugs had passed away and was not able to finish everything she had wanted to? Would she be begging for more time at her death bed? Is there some way I can finish or accomplish everything I want to do before it is too late?
Then the music kicked in... "If you change your mind, I'm the first in line..." and I lost my train of thought. I sang along to ABBA for awhile before getting up to shower.
---------------------------------------------
Mavis, 25 years old, gets a slight thrill when her car fish tails in ankle high snow on an empty side street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment